41 Top Quality American Made Backpack Brands
If you’re searching for what backpacks are made in the USA then you’ve come to the right place. Here I’ve researched and compiled a directory to all of the American made backpack manufacturers I could find. If you know of more then please let me know! The pack in the above photo is one of my personal favorites, the ULA Ohm 2.0 on Kongma La Pass, Nepal while trekking to Mt. Everest.
If you want to see our top 5 recommended backpacks then visit our Top Recommended Backpacks page.
- alpineluddites.com – Custom alpine backpacks and bikepacking bags.
- cilogear.com – Technical backpacks for climbing, mountaineering, skiing, and more. I own and highly recommend their 45L Worksack which earned our Editor’s Choice; check out the review!
Colfax Design Works
- www.colfaxdesignworks.com – Urban backpacks and camera slings.
Cooke Custom Sewing
- cookecustomsewing.com – Packs and more.
- crosscanvas.com – Classic canvas bags.
- defybags.com – Urban backpacks, messenger bags, and duffel bags.
- dsptch.com – Urban backpacks, messenger and laptop bags.
- duluthpack.com – Lots of classic bags, packs, and more.
- elementalhorizons.com – Ultralight packs and accessories.
- equinoxltd.com – Ultralight gear.
Exo Mountain Gear
- exomountaingear.com – Hunting packs.
- freerangeequipment.com – Technical packs.
- frostriver.com – Canvas and leather durable goods including backpacks, bike bags, canoe bags, and more.
- goruck.com – Simple rucksacks, often used with Goruck weighted plates for workouts.
Green Guru Gear
- greengurugear.com – Bike bags/packs, panniers and gear.
Hyperlite Mountain Gear
- hyperlitemountaingear.com – Technical mountaineering and backpacking packs.
- katabaticgear.com – Backpacks and sleeping bags too.
- kifaru.net – Hunting packs and more.
- killspencer.com – High end fashion backpacks.
- mysteryranch.com/Packs/Mountain/Kletterwerks – Retro rucksack packs and tote bags. Note, Kletterwerks is a division of Mystery Ranch.
MIS (Make It Simple)
- miscalif.com – Backpacks following the KISS philosophy (Keep It Simple Stupid).
- missionworkshop.com – Waterproof packs and more.
Mountain Laurel Designs
- mountainlaureldesigns.com – Ultralight packs and gear.
- mysteryranch.com – Backpacks (including the packs I used on the fireline). Note, most of their packs are now made in the Philippines. Much of their tactical line and fire packs are still made in the USA.
North St Bags
- northstbags.com – Backpacks, bike bags, panniers and more.
- pack-rabbit.com – Interesting external frame backpacks that convert to chairs.
- palantepacks.com – Ultralight frameless backpacks.
- seekoutside.com – External frame backpacks, sleeping bags, tipi tents and wood stoves.
- specopsbrand.com – Tactical backpacks and various tactical nylon gear.
- stoneglacier.com – Premium lightweight hunting backpacks.
Superior Wilderness Designs
- swdbackpacks.com – Custom ultralight backpacks.
- tannergoods.com – Craft canvas and leather backpacks and bags.
- tombihn.com – Durable packs and more.
- topodesigns.com – Some backpacks, travel bags, luggage, clothes, and more. Note that many Topo Designs products are now imported.
- toughtraveler.com – A variety of old school packs, luggage, and gear.
Triple Aught Design
- tripleaughtdesign.com – Military inspired backpacks and other gear.
Tucker and Bloom
- tucker-bloom.com – Premium fashion canvas and leather backpacks and bags.
- ula-equipment.com – Ultralight backpacks. I own an Ohm 2.0 pack and love it! The Ohm 2.0 received our Best Buy Award.
- vedavoo.com – Fishing packs, bags and gear built to order in the USA.
Wild Things Gear
- wildthingsgear.com – Technical packs among other gear.
- zpacks.com – Packs, shelters and sleeping systems
The best backpacks made in the USA for hiking, backpacking, climbing/mountaineering, backcountry skiing, and simple everyday use.
Only our favorite gear, the top American made equipment that earns our Editor’s Choice and Best Buy Awards.
Here you’ll find a lineup of the best headlamps made in the USA for camping, backpacking, running, hiking, biking, fishing, and all things in the dark.
Your guide to the best water bottles, reservoirs, and hydration systems you can find.
Looking for the lightest, highest-quality, weatherproof tents available? You should look here.
Discover the best sleeping bags in the world, which happen to be made in Seattle, WA and San Jose, CA, USA.
My search for the best American-made phone cases and screen protectors has ended in success. Here are the results.
Looking for the top sunglasses made in the USA? You’ve come to the right place.
If you ever want to purchase ANYTHING from Amazon, REI.com, Cabela’s, or Sportsman’s Warehouse… even for dog food or toothpaste, then you can help me without costing you a single penny. If you use my links to make a purchase within 24 hrs then I will receive a tiny credit that will help my site pay its dues and continue running. So all I ask is that if you find the free info here useful and you need to make a purchase at Amazon, REI, etc. then please use the links on this site. This costs you nothing extra but will help provide myself and this website a dollar or two to help keep on trucking.
You can bookmark the following sites and each time you purchase something it will help American Gear Guide in a small but significant way. Bookmarkable links: Amazon, REI.com, Cabela’s, or Sportsman’s Warehouse.