37 Top Quality American Made Backpack Brands
By Matt Mullins updated May 7, 2018
- www.alpineluddites.com - Custom alpine backpacks and bikepacking bags.
- www.cilogear.com - Technical backpacks for climbing, mountaineering, skiing, and more. I own and highly recommend their 45L Worksack which earned our Editor's Choice; check out the review!
- www.colfax-design-works.myshopify.com - Urban backpacks and camera slings.
- www.cookecustomsewing.com - Packs and more.
- www.crosscanvas.com - Classic canvas bags.
- www.defybags.com - Urban backpacks, messenger bags, and duffel bags.
- www.dsptch.com - Urban backpacks, messenger and laptop bags.
- www.duluthpack.com - Lots of classic bags, packs, and more.
- www.elementalhorizons.com - Ultralight packs and accessories.
- www.equinoxltd.com - Ultralight gear.
- www.exomountaingear.com - Hunting packs.
- www.freerangeequipment.com - Technical packs.
- www.frostriver.com - Canvas and leather durable goods including backpacks, bike bags, canoe bags, and more.
- www.goruck.com - Simple rucksacks, often used with Goruck weighted plates for workouts.
- www.greengurugear.com - Bike bags/packs, panniers and gear.
- www.hyperlitemountaingear.com - Technical mountaineering and backpacking packs.
- www.katabaticgear.com - Backpacks and sleeping bags too.
- www.kifaru.net - Hunting packs and more.
- www.killspencer.com - High end fashion backpacks.
- www.mysteryranch.com/Packs/Mountain/Kletterwerks - Retro rucksack packs and tote bags. Note, Kletterwerks is a division of Mystery Ranch.
- www.mchalepacks.com - Custom technical packs.
- www.miscalif.com - Backpacks following the KISS philosophy (Keep It Simple Stupid).
- www.missionworkshop.com - Waterproof packs and more.
- www.mountainlaureldesigns.com - Ultralight packs and gear.
- www.mysteryranch.com - Backpacks (including the packs I used on the fireline). Note, most of their packs are now made in the Philippines. Much of their tactical line and fire packs are still made in the USA.
- www.northstbags.com - Backpacks, bike bags, panniers and more.
- www.pack-rabbit.com - Interesting external frame backpacks that convert to chairs.
- www.seekoutside.com - External frame backpacks, sleeping bags, tipi tents and wood stoves.
- www.specopsbrand.com - Tactical backpacks and various tactical nylon gear.
- www.tombihn.com - Durable packs and more.
- www.topodesigns.com - Packs, bags, clothes, and more.
- www.toughtraveler.com - A variety of old school packs, luggage, and gear.
- www.tripleaughtdesign.com - Military inspired backpacks and other gear.
- www.ula-equipment.com - Ultralight backpacks. I own an Ohm 2.0 pack and love it! The Ohm 2.0 received our Best Buy Award.
- www.vedavoo.com - Fishing packs, bags and gear built to order in the USA.
- www.wildthingsgear.com - Technical packs among other gear.
- www.zpacks.com - Packs, shelters and sleeping systems.
Popular Related Page:
My recommendations for the best backpacks made in the USA for hiking, backpacking, climbing/mountaineering, backcountry skiing, and simple everyday use.