- www.AmericanForests.org – A fantastic nonprofit organization that restores forests (vital to both wildlife and human communities) across America and around the world.
Existential Relief (Comedy)
- SEMI-RAD.com – A site that pokes fun of and deflates the gas bags of the outdoor industry. Here’s a classic example from SEMI-RAD, “Buy all new stuff. If your stuff is from last year, it’s very likely way heavier than this year’s stuff.” I’ll admit I like lighter weight, but I certainly discourage buying newer stuff just to have new stuff. That’s consumer culture at its worst.
- The Disturbing Bro-ification of Outdoor Recreation by Adventure Journal – I couldn’t agree more with this article, outdoor recreation should be for everyone, not just wealthy white extreme sports junkies as is often promoted in popular culture and advertising.
- Buy Responsibly: American Made Climbing Gear by Climbing – A great article on American-made climbing gear with a shout out to American Gear Guide.
- When the West Gets Under Your Skin by Adventure Journal – This is how I feel about home. Maybe you feel the same way about your home?